What would I want for Christmas if I were just starting out on this DIY venture? Oh! My list would be long…but here are just a few of my favorite things and must-haves. So, let’s get started. Here’s my holiday tool gift guide (whether it’s for that special someone—or yourself 🙂 ) …..
HOLIDAY TOOL GIFT GUIDE IDEAS FOR DIYERS
1. Kreg K-5 Pocket HoleJig – By far my most coveted tool! I don’t know how I would get things done without this! Makes pocket holes a breeze. If you’re building furniture or shelves (to name a couple things) you need this! Not sure how to use it? Here’s a really easy to follow tutorial with everything you need to know.
2. Ridgid 12 inch Dual Bevel Miter Saw – Although you can get the job done with a circular or jigsaw, a miter saw makes it quick and easy. And gives you a much cleaner cut than a jigsaw, for sure!
3. Ridgid 10 inch Table Saw with Folding Stand – This is a steal for a table saw WITH a folding stand. Is a folding stand necessary? Not really. But it sure does save on your back and makes storing your saw much easier! And I will add, much safer than leaning over your table saw on the ground to make your cuts. I always cringe when I see people do this.
4. Ridgid Multi-Tool with Replaceable Heads – The name says it all! Great for those miscellaneous jobs! Flush-cut door jambs, cuts off nails and bolts, cuts through piping too, trim baseboards and wood flooring, clean or remove grout, and the list goes on.
5. Ridgid Cordless Drill/Driver & Impact Driver Combo Kit – My most used tool! Definitely a MUST for the holiday tool gift guide. Whether DIY is your thing or not, a drill is a necessity. This combo kit is great for any job!
6. Ridgid 5 inch Random Orbit Sander – Are you seeing the theme yet? Whenever possible, I buy Ridgid. Not because I’m an affiliate (which I’m not)…but because of their lifetime warranty on all of their products. I’ve had to replace/repair a few of my tools over the years and this feature makes it so easy! If they can’t fix it (for free) they’ll send me a new one! I’ve not found a better deal!! And their products are great!! So Ridgid it is for me!
7. Cabinet Hardware Jig for Handles & Knobs – I discovered the hard way that I needed this tool. Trying to make my own jig for drilling holes for new cabinet handles turned into a nightmare. After lots of extra holes in my wood and nothing but frustration, I found this gem! Can’t recommend it enough!
8. Ridgid 12 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum – The not-so-fun part of DIY..cleaning up. But this guy makes it quick and easy. Not too heavy, but at the same time durable.
Amazon Affiliate Links Included
9. Storage Cabinet with Solid Wood Top Workbench – Storage and a workbench make DIY a whole lot easier! Great 2 in 1 deal!
10. Folding Roller Stand – One of those items you don’t think about until you need it. When cutting long boards on my table saw, this tool comes in handy to “catch” it on the other side. I actually need to get one more to help guide larger boards through my table saw. Sometimes holding those heavy boards, can be difficult to push up against the fence of my saw. One of these on both sides of my table saw would make things a lot easier.
11. 36″ Bar Clamps – Most of the tools my grandpa passed down to me held more nostalgic value than functionality value. Don’t get me wrong, he was all about quality products, but by the time he was ready to pass them onto me, they were pretty outdated. With the exception of these clamps! I don’t know when my grandpa bought these, but the price tag (still on a couple of them) reads $8.77! Wow! While it would be a miracle to find them at that price now, they are a very helpful tool to have. They have saved the day, in straightening out the boards for my table top builds, many times.
12. 300 Lumen LED Flip Light – Great for when you need light in a tight space or in any space with bad quality lighting.
13. 12 & 7 inch Speed Squares – But wait, that’s clearly a triangle?? What’s with the name? Speed squares (among a ton of other features-google it! You’ll be amazed at what all you can use this thing for!) are a MUST for drawing straight lines and making sure your projects are square (perfect 90 degree angles).
14. 25 inch Tape Measure – Good quality tape measure-a MUST have!
15. Precision Standard Aluminum 24 inch T-Square – Same concept as the square only this one is great for longer straight lines.
16. Pack of 40 Painter’s Pyramid Stands – Perfect for painting cabinets, picture frames, anything flat. Lifts your masterpiece up to help it dry faster and more evenly.
Amazon Affiliate Links Included
PIN IT FOR LATER….
Sign up for the RL Newsletter
Never miss a RepurposeLife post and valuable emails containing: DIY Projects, Full Tutorials and Interior Design Tips.